Google Chrome Security Advisory: February 8
Qualys® Vulnerability R&D Lab has released new vulnerability checks in the Qualys Cloud Platform to protect organizations against 18 vulnerabilities that were fixed in 1 bulletins announced today by Google. Customers can immediately audit their networks for these and other new vulnerabilities by accessing their Qualys subscription. Visit our blog to see how to prioritize remediation.
Google has released 1 security bulletins to fix newly discovered flaws in their software. Qualys has released the following checks for these new vulnerabilities:
Google Chrome prior to 9.0.597.94 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Critical 4
- Qualys ID
- Vendor Reference
- Google Chrome 9.0.597.94
- CVE Reference
- CVE-2011-0558, CVE-2011-0559, CVE-2011-0560, CVE-2011-0561, CVE-2011-0571, CVE-2011-0572, CVE-2011-0573, CVE-2011-0574, CVE-2011-0575, CVE-2011-0577, CVE-2011-0578, CVE-2011-0607, CVE-2011-0608, CVE-2011-0981, CVE-2011-0982, CVE-2011-0983, CVE-2011-0984, CVE-2011-0985
- CVSS Scores
- Base 10 / Temporal 7.8
Google Chrome is a Web browser for multiple platforms.
Chrome has been updated to include security fixes for the following:
Stale pointer in animation event handling.
Use-after-free in SVG font faces.
Stale pointer with anonymous block handling.
Out-of-bounds read in plug-in handling.
Possible failure to terminate process on out-of-memory condition.
Google Chrome Prior to 9.0.597.94.
- Attackers can exploit these issues to execute arbitrary code in the context of the browser or cause denial of service. Other attacks are also possible.
- These issues are resolved in Chrome 9.0.597.94 (and later). The update is available at the Chrome download site.
These new vulnerability checks are included in Qualys vulnerability signature 1.28.13-3. Each Qualys account is automatically updated with the latest vulnerability signatures as they become available. To view the vulnerability signature version in your account, from the Qualys Help menu, select the About tab.
Selective Scan Instructions Using Qualys
To perform a selective vulnerability scan, configure a scan profile to use the following options:
- Ensure access to TCP ports 135 and 139 are available.
- Enable Windows Authentication (specify Authentication Records).
Enable the following Qualys IDs:
- If you would like the scan to return the Windows Hostname, also include QID 82044 and ensure access to UDP port 137 is available.
- If you would like to be notified if Qualys is unable to log on to a host (if Authentication fails), also include QID 105015.
In addition, prior to running a scan for these new vulnerabilities, you can estimate your exposure to these new threats by running the Risk Analysis Report, available from the Qualys Vulnerability Management Reports tab.
Access for Qualys Customers
For more information, customers may contact Qualys Technical Support.
The Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated suite of security and compliance applications provides organizations of all sizes with a global view of their security and compliance solutions, while drastically reducing their total cost of ownership. Qualys solutions include: continuous monitoring, vulnerability management, policy compliance, PCI compliance, security assessment questionnaire, web application scanning, web application firewall, malware detection and SECURE Seal for security testing of web sites.