Complimentary SANS Report
SANS 2017 Cloud Security Survey Report: Defense in Detail if Not in Depth
Get key findings from security professionals who are working to secure data in the cloud.
Cloud adoption continues to grow rapidly among organizations. As use of the cloud becomes routine, organizations are putting more sensitive customer-related data in cloud environments. In this year’s SANS Cloud Security Survey, security teams indicate major concerns with regard to this sensitive data.
Read the report, authored by SANS Senior Instructor Dave Shackleford, to learn more about the survey's findings, and best practices that have worked for respondents.
Respondents' biggest concerns include:
- Limitations on access to collect incident response data and evidence for forensic analysis
- Unauthorized access by outsiders
- Insecure, unmanaged devices accessing sensitive data from the cloud
- Incidents involving downtime/inaccessibility, poor configurations, and account or credential hijacking
- Inability to audit and breach of sensitive data by cloud personnel
- Lack of visibility, auditability, and effective controls to monitor activity in public clouds