USA News Releases
Qualys Announces General Availability of Its Dynamic Asset Tagging and Management Technology
Patent-Pending Technology Enables QualysGuard Users to Easily Manage Large Numbers of Assets in Highly Dynamic IT Environments, and Automates the Process of Inventory Management
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 11, 2012 – Qualys®, Inc., a pioneer and leading provider of cloud security and compliance solutions, today announced the general availability of dynamic Asset Tagging and Management technology for its QualysGuard Cloud Platform and integrated suite of solutions for security and compliance, the QualysGuard Cloud Suite. The patent-pending technology enables customers to easily identify, categorize and manage large numbers of assets in highly dynamic IT environments, and automates the process of inventory management and hierarchical organization of IT assets.
QualysGuard dynamic asset tagging automates the process of inventory management and is seamlessly integrated with workflows throughout the QualysGuard Cloud Suite. Easy-to-use, rules-based dynamic tags enable automatic hierarchical organization of IT systems, web applications, scanner appliances, and a wide range of other data within the cloud solutions for IT security and compliance. Key benefits of this technology are:
- Ability to Leverage Scan Results to Organize Assets. The rules-based dynamic asset tagging engine uses information from scan results to assign or remove tags, allowing scans to automatically and regularly keep your assets organized, eliminating manual labor.
- Fast, Scalable Tag Assignment. QualysGuard dynamic asset tagging provides rapid tag assignment even when processing hundreds of scans on millions of assets.
- Flexible Organization of Assets. Users can manually assign tags by dragging and dropping, or create dynamic tags based on rules. Dynamic tagging rules can be as simple as an OS pattern match, and as powerful as a customer-configurable script that evaluates complex business logic.
- Hierarchical Organization. Assets can be grouped for different needs, such as geography, line of business, or technology type, and into trees showing relationships between assets and various business units. Assets can have multiple tags assigned, or belong to multiple hierarchies, creating a very flexible, robust and accurate organization.
- Powerful Access Management. Tags are used to apply role-based security to assets so customers can assign access privileges to users based on one or more tags - creating a powerful way to secure the use of the QualysGuard Cloud Suite in large enterprises.
- Focused Reporting and Scanning. Users can choose to run scans and reports against one or more tags, creating an easy way to quickly zero in on specific areas and assets in a customer’s business.
“With our dynamic asset tagging technology, customers can obtain on a regular basis a clean inventory of IT devices and web applications, which are essential to understanding what assets and configurations are deployed in their environments,” said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO for Qualys. “Available with our QualysGuard Cloud Suite, this groundbreaking functionality can be accessed by customers without installing any discovery and inventory software agents on devices, which can be expensive and time consuming.”
Future functionalities of the QualysGuard Asset Tagging and Management technology will include connectors that provide integration and synchronization capabilities to inventory sources such as Active Directory and virtualization environments with visualization of asset relationships.
QualysGuard Dynamic Asset Tagging is now generally available as part of the QualysGuard Cloud Suite of IT security and compliance solutions in the US and will be generally available in Europe on June 19, 2012.
About QualysGuard Cloud Suite
The QualysGuard Cloud Suite currently includes six solutions: Vulnerability Management, Web Application Scanning, Malware Detection Service, Policy Compliance, PCI Compliance and SECURE Seal. This integrated set of cloud solutions enables organizations to automate the lifecycle of asset discovery, security assessments, and compliance management for IT systems and web applications, whether they reside inside the organization, on their network perimeter or in the cloud. The QualysGuard Cloud Suite has been designed since inception to be delivered through the cloud and to be easily and rapidly deployed on a global scale, enabling faster implementation, broader adoption and lower total cost of ownership than traditional enterprise products.
Qualys, Inc. is a pioneer and leading provider of cloud security and compliance solutions with over 5,700 customers in more than 100 countries, including a majority of each of the Forbes Global 100 and Fortune 100. The QualysGuard Cloud Platform and integrated suite of applications helps businesses simplify security operations and lower the cost of compliance by delivering critical security intelligence on demand and automating the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications. Founded in 1999, Qualys has established strategic partnerships with leading managed service providers and consulting organizations including BT, Dell SecureWorks, Fujitsu, IBM, NTT, Symantec, Verizon, and Wipro. The company is also a founding member of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA).
For more information, please visit www.qualys.com.
Qualys, the Qualys logo and QualysGuard are proprietary trademarks of Qualys, Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.