USA News Releases
Qualys CTO Gerhard Eschelbeck to Present at CSI Key 2005 Findings on the Laws of Vulnerabilities Research
This research made public every year shows trends in new security threats, progress made in the time to patch and the state of vulnerability for existing and emerging technologies
* * * * * * * * * * * Media Advisory * * * * * * * * * * *
- For more than 3 years now, Gerhard Eschelbeck has analyzed statistical vulnerability data from the largest real-world data set of network vulnerabilities collected from 32 millions live network scans. This on-going research has led to the "Laws of Vulnerabilities" which identifies network security trends allowing organizations to proactively protect their networks from evolving attacks and comparing their remediation efforts with the rest of the industry.
In this session, Eschelbeck will present his 2005 findings highlighting:
- progress made in the time it takes to remediate vulnerable systems,
- impact of the latest new vulnerabilities,
- benefits of regular security patch advisories from vendors, and
- vulnerability of emerging wireless infrastructures.
- Gerhard Eschelbeck, Chief Technology Officer of Qualys, Inc.
- Tuesday, November 15, 9:00a.m. ET
- CSI 32nd Annual Computer Security Conference & Exhibition
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
2660 Woodley Rd., NW
- Rachel Kaseroff, Merritt Group
1 (415) 439 5382
Qualys, the Qualys logo and QualysGuard are proprietary trademarks of Qualys, Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Contact: Megan Lamb