UK News Releases
Qualys Introduces Groundbreaking Technology for Managing Enterprise Assets
Patent-Pending QualysGuard Dynamic Asset Tagging Automates Organising and Managing Millions of Enterprise Assets in Near Real-Time
SAN FRANCISCO – RSA Conference USA 2012 Booth #1431 - February 27, 2012 - Qualys®, Inc., the pioneer and leading provider of information security and compliance cloud solutions, today at RSA Conference USA 2012 announced the availability of hierarchical Dynamic Asset Tagging for its QualysGuard Cloud Platform and suite of applications for security and compliance. The patent-pending technology enables customers to easily manage assets in any size environment with the scalability and flexibility to support millions of assets in large, highly dynamic enterprise environments.
Qualys will showcase this new service tonight at RSA Conference USA 2012 at 7 p.m. PT – booth #1431.
“Keeping an accurate and up-to-date inventory of enterprise assets is a challenge that most organisations are facing; however accomplishing it is a key step in maintaining a secure environment,” said Charles Kolodgy, research vice president for security products at IDC. “The new asset tagging service from Qualys combined with high-accuracy scans allows organisations to know their assets no matter where they are and keep them up-to-date with the latest information including, OS, location, function and other important characteristics.”
QualysGuard Dynamic Asset Tagging automates the process of inventory management, and is seamlessly integrated with many workflows throughout the QualysGuard application. Easy-to-use, rule-based dynamic tags enable automatic hierarchical organisation of IT systems, web applications, questionnaires, scanner appliances, and a wide range of other data within the QualysGuard application. Just a few of the key benefits of the dynamic tagging features are:
- Leverage Scan Results to Organise Assets. The rule-based Dynamic Asset Tagging engine uses information from scan results to assign or remove tags, allowing scans to automatically and regularly keep your assets organised, eliminating manual labour.
- Fast, Scalable Tag Assignment. QualysGuard Dynamic Asset Tagging provides near-real time tag assignment even when processing hundreds of scans on millions of assets.
- Flexible Organisation of Assets. Users can manually assign tags by dragging and dropping, or create dynamic tags based on rules. Dynamic tagging rules can be as simple as an OS pattern match, to as powerful as a customer-customisable script that evaluates complex business logic.
- Hierarchical Organisation. Assets can be grouped for different needs such as geography, line of business, or technology type, and into trees showing relationships between assets and various business units. Assets can have multiple tags assigned, all in multiple hierarchies, creating a very flexible, robust, and accurate organisation.
- Powerful Access Management. Tags are used to apply role-based security to assets so customers can assign access privileges to users based on one more tags - creating a powerful way to secure the use of QualysGuard in large enterprises.
- Focused Reporting and Scanning. Users can choose to runs scans and reports against one or more tags, creating an easy way to quickly zero in on specific areas and assets in your business.
“Our ground-breaking Dynamic Asset Tagging technology helps customers automate their asset management efforts and get a clean inventory of their devices and applications something which is to this day extremely difficult and costly to achieve for enterprises,” said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO for Qualys. “With a clearer view of assets and the flexibility to group assets into business units, customers can effectively ensure that their IT systems are better protected from potential threats.”
QualysGuard Dynamic Asset Tagging is now available in beta as part of the QualysGuard suite of IT security and compliance applications. For more information, visit http://www.qualys.com/forms/asset-tagging/.
Qualys, Inc. is the pioneer and leading provider of information security and compliance cloud solutions with 5,500+ customers in 85 countries, including 51 of the Forbes Global 100. The QualysGuard Cloud Platform and integrated suite of applications helps businesses simplify security operations and lower the cost of compliance by delivering critical security intelligence on demand and automating the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications. Founded in 1999, Qualys has established strategic partnerships with leading managed service providers and consulting organisations including BT, Dell SecureWorks, Fujitsu, IBM, NTT, Symantec, Verizon, and Wipro. The company is also a founding member of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA).
For more information, please visit www.qualys.com.
Qualys, the Qualys logo and QualysGuard are proprietary trademarks of Qualys, Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
For all other matters