February 12, 2013 - Qualys® Vulnerability R&D Lab has released new vulnerability checks in QualysGuard® to protect organizations against 19 vulnerabilities that were fixed in 2 bulletin(s) announced today by Adobe. Customers can immediately audit their networks for these and other new vulnerabilities by accessing their QualysGuard subscription.
Adobe has released 2 security bulletins to fix newly discovered flaws in Adobe products. Qualys has released the following checks for these new vulnerabilities:
|Adobe Flash Player and AIR Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB13-05)|
|SEVERITY: Urgent 5|
|QUALYS ID: 120865|
|VENDOR REFERENCE: APSB13-05|
|CVE REFERENCE: CVE-2013-1372,CVE-2013-0645,CVE-2013-1373,CVE-2013-1369,CVE-2013-1370,CVE-2013-1366,CVE-2013-0649,CVE-2013-1365,CVE-2013-1374,CVE-2013-1368,CVE-2013-0642,CVE-2013-0644,CVE-2013-0647,CVE-2013-1367,CVE-2013-0639,CVE-2013-0638,CVE-2013-0637|
|CVSS SCORES: Base 9.3 | Temporal 6.2|
|THREAT: Adobe Flash Player is a multimedia application for multiple platforms.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe AIR are prone to the following vulnerabilities:
- Multiple buffer overflow vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2013-1372, CVE-2013-0645, CVE-2013-1373, CVE-2013-1369, CVE-2013-1370, CVE-2013-1366, CVE-2013-1365, CVE-2013-1368, CVE-2013-0642, CVE-2013-1367).
- Multiple use-after-free vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2013-0649, CVE-2013-1374, CVE-2013-0644).
- An integer overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2013-0639).
- A memory corruption vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2013-0638, CVE-2013-0647).
- A vulnerability that could result in information disclosure (CVE-2013-0637).
|IMPACT: Exploitation could allow an attacker to cause a denial of service or potentially lead to arbitrary execution of code.|
|SOLUTION: The vendor has released updates to fix the vulnerabilities. Refer to Adobe advisory APSB13-05 for further details.|
|Adobe Shockwave Player Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB13-06)|
|SEVERITY: Serious 3|
|QUALYS ID: 120864|
|VENDOR REFERENCE: APSB13-06|
|CVE REFERENCE: CVE-2013-0635,CVE-2013-0636|
|CVSS SCORES: Base 10 | Temporal 7.8|
|THREAT: Adobe Shockwave Player is a multimedia player available for multiple platforms. It is prone to the following vulnerabilities:
This update resolves a memory corruption vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2013-0635).
|IMPACT: This update addresses vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker, who successfully exploits these vulnerabilities, to run malicious code on the affected system.|
|SOLUTION: The vendor has released an update to resolve this issue. Adobe recommends Shockwave Player users install Shockwave Player version 22.214.171.124. The updated version is available for download at the Shockwave Player Download site.
Refer to the vendor advisory APSB13-06 to obtain additional details about these vulnerabilities.
This new vulnerability check is included in Qualys vulnerability signatures 2.2.356-3. Each QualysGuard account is automatically updated with the latest vulnerability signatures as they become available. To view the vulnerability signature version in your account, from the QualysGuard HOME menu, select the Account Info tab.
SELECTIVE SCAN INSTRUCTIONS USING QUALYSGUARD:
To perform a selective vulnerability scan, configure a scan profile to use the following options:
- Ensure access to TCP ports 135 and 139 are available.
- Enable Windows Authentication (specify Authentication Records).
Enable the following Qualys IDs:
- If you would like the scan to return the Windows Hostname, also include QID 82044 and ensure access to UDP port 137 is available.
- If you would like to be notified if QualysGuard is unable to logon to a host (if Authentication fails), also include QID 105015.
In addition, prior to running a scan for these new vulnerabilities, you can estimate your exposure to these new threats by running the Risk Matrix Report, available from the QualysGuard HOME page.
US: 1 866.801.6161 | EMEA: 33 1 44.17.00.41 | UK: +44 1753 872102
Access for QualysGuard customers: https://qualysguard.qualys.com
Free trial of QualysGuard service: http://www.qualys.com/forms/trials/qualysguard_trial/